1. Pop the popcorn according to instructions on the kernel package. You will need 12 cups of popped popcorn
2. In a medium size saucepan, combine the butter, corn syrup, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil.
3. Once the mixture is boiling, allow to boil for approximately 2 minutes. While this is boiling add the ground coffee. (The finer you grind it the less grainy the coffee grounds will be and the more flavor you will get out of them)
4. Add the Vanilla, and then the Baking Soda. The soda will react with the heat and make the caramel mixture fluff up.
5. Pour the caramel mixture onto the popped popcorn and turn the popcorn over until it is coated with the mixture. Turn the coated popcorn out onto either a baking sheet or wax paper to cool.
6. You can add any other additional things like pretzels, M&M’s, peanuts or pecans. And then you are all done!